ON TOP OF ANY PROMO DEALS
Regular Marijuana Seeds
Regular marijuana seeds are 100% pure and chemically un-altered, just as mother nature makes them. They are bred naturally from a male and female parent and can produce male or female plants. They are some of the purest genetics available and produce approximately 50% male and 50% female offspring when grown in normal conditions.Read More
- ADD TO WISHLIST ADD TO COMPARISONSale20% offOld Skool RegularTHC: 10%-15%Yield: 400-500gr/m²Flowering Time: 12-14 Weeks
- Purple WidowTHC: 20%-24%Yield: 400-500gr/m²Flowering Time: 8-10 Weeks
- Cotton Candy Kush RegularTHC: 16%-19%Yield: 400-500gr/m²Flowering Time: 8-10 Weeks
- ADD TO WISHLIST ADD TO COMPARISONSale30% offChronic Bud RegularTHC: 20%-24%Yield: 400-500gr/m²Flowering Time: 8-10 Weeks
- ADD TO WISHLIST ADD TO COMPARISONSale30% offBuddha RegularTHC: 16%-19%Yield: 400-500gr/m²Flowering Time: 12-14 Weeks
- Outdoor Mix RegularFrom: US$24.60 As low as US$7.30THC: 16%-19%Yield: 400-500gr/m²Flowering Time: 10-12 Weeks
- Aurora IndicaFrom: US$29.50 US$29.50THC: 16%-19%Yield: 400-500gr/m²Flowering Time: 8-10 Weeks
- Blue MysticFrom: US$47.20 US$47.20THC: 16%-19%Yield: 300-400gr/m²Flowering Time: 8-10 Weeks
- ADD TO WISHLIST ADD TO COMPARISONSale20% offGolden NuggetFrom: US$29.50 US$29.50THC: 20%-24%Yield: 400-500gr/m²Flowering Time: 8-10 Weeks
- Hash BombFrom: US$41.80 US$41.80THC: 16%-19%Yield: 500-600gr/m²Flowering Time: 8-10 Weeks
- Hash PlantFrom: US$41.80 US$41.80THC: 16%-19%Yield: 400-500gr/m²Flowering Time: 8-10 Weeks
- The CheeseFrom: US$29.50 US$29.50THC: 16%-19%Yield: 300-400gr/m²Flowering Time: 8-10 Weeks
- White RhinoFrom: US$41.80 US$41.80THC: 20%-24%Yield: 400-500gr/m²Flowering Time: 8-10 Weeks
- Premium Mix RegularTHC: 16%-19%Yield: 400-500gr/m²Flowering Time: 8-10 Weeks
- Mixed Sativa RegularTHC: 20%-24%Yield: 500-600gr/m²Flowering Time: 12-14 Weeks
- Mountain Mist RegularTHC: 16%-19%Yield: 400-500gr/m²Flowering Time: 8-10 Weeks
- Early Misty RegularTHC: 16%-19%Yield: 300-400gr/m²Flowering Time: 8-10 Weeks
- Misty RegularTHC: 16%-19%Yield: 300-400gr/m²Flowering Time: 8-10 Weeks
What are regular cannabis seeds?
Regular cannabis seeds are grown in the same way that a wild marijuana plant would produce them. They are 100% natural and when cultivated have a 50% chance of producing either a male or female cannabis plant under normal conditions.
Sometimes also called male weed seeds, they are often the preferred choice of cannabis breeders who use both male and female plants to produce new strains. In recent years they have also grown in popularity for cultivators looking to grow organically, or simply those looking to buy regular seeds because of their competitive price.
Unlike female seeds that have gone through a process that forces the production of female plants, regular cannabis seeds are unaltered and able to produce both male and female plants. Before the invention of female seeds in the 90’s every cultivator grew with regular cannabis seeds. They produce an average of 50/50 male to female plants. The female plants grow smokeable bud whereas the male plants produce pollen sacks and are therefore only useful for breeding purposes.
What Percentage of Regular Seeds Are Female?
It's impossible to say the exact percentage of females in a specific batch of seeds. But, over a larger sample size that should balance out to a 50/50 split between male and female plants. Sometimes the ratio can swing in favour of male of female plants however, and it is normal for some people to get 3 male plants and 7 females from a batch of 10 seeds and vice versa.
One piece of advice for buying regular seeds is always buy a few more seeds than the number plants you want to grow, to account for any male plants you may need to cull.
Are regular cannabis seeds better than feminized?
It really depends on your own opinion. Regular seeds are 100% unaltered by human hands, so if your preference is to grow as natural as possible then regular seeds may be the better option.
However, performance wise, regular, and female seeds have the same yield, potency and flowering times as one another. So, there is very little difference between the plants other than the fact that one produces both sexes and the other does not.
The benefits of growing regular cannabis seeds
Regular seeds are organic
If you are an advocate of all things organic, regular seeds are the way to go. While you can grow female seeds organically, they have gone through a process of self rodelization or colloidal silver that forces the female gene to be more dominant. While this in no way negatively impacts the outcome of your bud, by growing with regular seeds you can rest assured the plant is unaltered. If you want a truly organic experience, try growing with regular landrace seeds such as Afghan, Durban Poison and Hindu Kush, these cultivars have remained unaltered for millennia.
Breeding with regular seeds
Another reason that people grow regular seeds is to breed. Cannabis breeding is not a new invention. Just like any type of agriculture, it has been going on for as long as humans have been interacting with the plant. But it really kicked into gear in the 80’s and 90’s when the first seed banks sprung up and home growing became popular. You don’t necessarily need to be an expert to breed your own cannabis strain, hobbyist growers with a reasonable level of experience can also give it a go providing they have a male and female plant.
So, if like me you are torn between smoking your two favorite strains, Gorilla Glue and Blue Dream, why not combine them and learn to create your very own cannabis strains at home? The brilliance of breeding is that you can hand pick the characteristics that you want from two plants and mold them into one incredible strain.
Regular seeds are cheaper?
Regular seeds are much cheaper to produce and therefore much cheaper to buy. Because the initial cost is less, some growers choose them from a financial perspective. Despite the need to cull a few male plants, if you are cultivating outdoors and using the suns energy to grow your weed, the cost of lighting doesn’t even come into it, making regular seeds the cheaper option.
What’s the difference between autoflower and regular cannabis seeds?
Autoflowering plants come from the ruderalis family of cannabis and do not require a change in their light cycle to trigger flowering. Regular cannabis seeds on the other hand are photoperiodic. This means that they flower according to light, hence why for indoor growers the light cycle has to be changed from 18/6 to 12/12 for the flowering stage to begin.
What's The Difference Between Regular and Heirloom Seeds?
Heirloom seeds, as the name suggests, are strains that have been around for many generations. But Heirlooms are not just any old regular strain. Nope, they are special in one very particular way.
Heirloom seeds come from strains that are bred from landraces. Landrace strains are region-specific traditional strains that have naturally acclimatized to their native environment and that have had no crossbreeding due to human intervention. Only a handful of true landraces are left, but heirlooms are another story.
Typically, Heirloom strains possess the desirable qualities of a landrace strain, only boosted through human interaction and selective breeding.
Should I buy regular seeds?
Regular cannabis seeds are ideal for the home grower or breeder who wants to create unique and potent strains. By choosing from a selection of landrace, heirloom, and modern strains we can make sure that our crops are diverse and vibrant and are stable for generations to come.
With the right combination of genetics, you too could be creating something truly special in your own garden. So, make the right choice when it comes time to purchase your regular cannabis seeds and choose from our carefully curated collection of proven varieties.
Remember that for any successful breeding project you should always start with a 50/50 split between male and female plants to ensure good genetic diversity in your progeny, and only choose the strongest, hardiest, most delectable plants in the crop. Happy growing!
Of Quality and Excellence
- 20 YEARS STRONG The Original Seedbank since ’99
- FINEST QUALITY GENETICS Premium Seeds from world class breeders
- OUTSTANDING VALUE The best deals available