If you’re keen to start cooking with pot then you’d better learn how to make Cannabis butter. Cannabis butter can also be known as Cannabutter, weed butter, pot butter and bud butter. Although there are a host of names for CannaButter, the recipe and the way we cook it is the same.
Below you’ll find the most comprehensive recipe for weed butter anywhere. Once you’ve cooked Cannabis Butter you’ll be cooking your favourite marijuana recipe in no time.
What you need:
- 1 lbs of unsalted butter.
- 2 cups of water.
- 1 ounce of premium, middle or low grade Cannabis depending on strength preference.
Grind the Cannabis – It needs to be nice and fine to make cannabis butter. I’d suggest using a coffee grinder for large amounts. Alternatively hand grinding the Cannabis will definitely help develop your technique!
How to make Cannabutter (Weed Butter)
- Bring 2 cups of water to a covered boil.
- Once the water is boiling, add your butter and melt it in the water.
- Reduce the heat and cover pan so the cannabis butter is simmering.
- Add the ground Cannabis material to the pan and mix it in thoroughly.
- Once added replace the lid and simmer on the lowest heat for 40-50 minutes. It’s important when cooking pot butter that you don’t burn the bottom of the pan. This will really effect the taste of the cannabutter.
- Sieve all the little bits of cannabis from the solution by placing a cheese cloth over an open bowl and pouring the cannabis butter solution through it into the large bowl.
- In the cheese cloth you’ll have all the remaining bits of cannabis squeeze and extract as much of the solution from the cheese cloth as possible.
- Use your cannabutter straight away or place the bowl with the CannaButter solution into the fridge to set for a few hours.
The cannabis butter made in the recipe above can be used to make a whole range of delicious edibles. Why not try some of our other recipes like our weed brownies. Or simply replace the butter in your favourite recipe with cannabis butter.
Just make sure you tell your guests if you’re having a dinner party!!! Things could get a little out of hand!
Best Strains for Cannabutter
OG Kush is a legendary strain in it's own right and will make the perfect meal or edible, with it's super strength and pain relief benefits. Perfect for those suffering from chronic pain that don't like to consume the old fashioned way, smoking weed.
If you want the benefits of marijuana, particularly CBD and you do not want to get really high, then the Cannatonic strain is perfect for you. With up to 15% CBD and under 8% THC, you'll only feel incredibly relaxed as these cannabinoids work their magic.
Trainwreck is a comfortably potent indica hybrid, with 15-18% THC. It has strong head stone and some couch lock effects, depending on the amount you use in your cooking or edibles. We highly recommend Trainwreck as one of the best strains to use when eating a good meal or snack and having a netflix and chill session.