Sativa Cannabis Seeds
Sativa plants grow taller than indicas and reach an average height of 250cm. They will take slightly longer to grow and take on average 12-14 weeks to flower. However, the wait will be more than worth it because sativas are known for their amazing uplifting, energetic and creative highs. At MSNL we have a wide selection of sativa seeds from pure landraces to sativa-dominant hybrids, we've got a strain for every grower.Read More
What are sativa marijuana seeds?
Marijuana can be classed in three main types, Sativa, Indica and hybrid. Sativa plants are taller and thinner; they're also better suited for outdoor growing due to the large sizes the plants can reach. In the wild Sativa Seeds tend to grow in more tropical climates where there is more intense sunlight and a longer growing season.
This means that if you are planning on choosing a Pure Sativa, or Sativa dominant cannabis variety, you will require a much longer flowering time than many Indica varieties. The main reason to choose a Sativa variety is because of the effect it has when smoked. Sativa’s are known for making you “high” rather than “stoned”, this means they tend to be more energetic and often giggly.
What is the difference between indica and sativa seeds?
Sativas are known for their tall and slender plant structure, capable of growing up to 20 feet tall outdoors. They are native to hot and humid climates such as rainforests, hence why they've evolved to stretch skyward for maximum sunlight absorption.
Sativa Seeds produce very different plants to Indicas. Firstly, there is the appearance: Sativa Plants are tall, thin and are usually quite light green in colour. Indicas are shorter, more squat and tend to be a dark green. The shape of the leaves is the next giveaway. Sativa leaves have very long thin “fingers” that are a similar width along their length.
Indica leaves are much shorter and wider and have a much more classic tapered leaf shape. Indica Plants usually have a flowering time between 8-10 weeks, whereas sativa plants often take 12-14 weeks or more to finish flowering. Which one is better? Well, that is a matter of opinion. If you want a deep stone that knocks you out, then Indica is your best bet. If you want to be up and active whilst feeling a euphoric or giggly high, then a Sativa is for you.
Can’t choose, then why not get the best of both worlds by choosing some Sativa hybrid seeds for that perfect blend of body buzz and relaxation.
Sativa yields compared with indicas
Sativa plants grow much taller than indicas, and if grown outdoors in optimal conditions you can get as much as 2 kilos from a single plant although sativa buds are more spread out across the longer branches. Indica plants are shorter and bushier, and they tend to produce dense, weighty buds but because they don't grow as tall or as spread out as sativas, they will take up much less ground in your grow space. Overall, when measuring yield per square meter, indicas will win, whereas grown outdoors with plenty of room sativa plants will come out on top.
Sativa effects compared with indicas
Sativas are known for their euphoric, uplifting effects. They often lead to a surge of energy, and even sociability. If you've ever heard of a strain that sparks animated discussions or creativity there's a good chance it was a sativa.
On the other hand, indicas are known for their more relaxed and sedative effects. They bring on feelings of being calm and sleepy. If you're looking for a strain to unwind with in the evening, ease tension, or help with sleep, indicas are typically your go-to. Their effects are more body-centered, making them the better choice for anyone looking for relief from physical discomfort or simply a good night’s sleep.
Why buy sativa seeds from MSNL
At MSNL we have been breeding our own cannabis sativa seeds since way back in 1999, so when we say we know what makes good a good sativa strain you can trust that our growers have plenty of experience. Our range of autoflower, regular and feminized sativa seeds for sale will continue to be updated as new and exciting strains catch our attention, so make sure you keep checking back regularly.
What will you get from sativa seeds at MSNL?
When you buy sativa cannabis seeds from MSNL we guarantee that you will be satisfied with the plant you grow, and here's why....
- Top Shelf Sativa Strains: We have been breeding since 1999 and produce the best sativa seeds that you can buy including a selection of the old classics like Amnesia Haze and AK-47 to some of the more recent sativa strains such as Ghost Train Haze and Mimosa.
- Germination Guaranteed: With our full proof germination guarantee you can buy sativa cannabis seeds online without worrying. We are so confident in the quality of our products that we stand behind every seed that we sell.
- Fast International Delivery: With offices in the USA, Canada and the UK we can get seeds pretty much anywhere in the world in a matter of days.
- Excellent Customer Support: With our around-the-clock support you will always be able to get hold of someone for guidance or advice on your seeds.
Buy sativa feminized seeds in the USA
Buy your sativa seeds from MSNL and get express 1-5 day delivery to all US state direct from our New York office. Shipping is FREE for all orders over $99. We stand behind our sativa genetics and back up our quality with a germination guarantee so that you can grow with complete peace of mind.
How to grow sativa cannabis seeds
How to grow sativa plants during the vegetative stage
During the vegetative stage sativa plants will begin to show a lot more stretch than you might be used to with indicas. As they grow bigger and taller it’s important to set the stage for the flowering stage by training your plants to both maintain their height and increase the yield.
- Lighting: Maintain an 18/6 light-dark cycle during the vegetative stage.
- Nutrition: Your plants will hunger for nitrogen during this phase. A nitrogen-rich fertilizer with an NPK ratio of 3:1:1 to help bolster leafy growth and stem strength.
- Watering: Keep the soil consistently moist but never soggy.
- Temperature and Humidity: Aim for a warm environment, ideally between 70-85°F (21-29°C). Keep humidity levels around 50-70%, tapering it down towards the end of the vegetative stage.
- Regular Inspection: Check your plants for signs of pests or diseases. Early detection and intervention are key to a healthy crop.
Using training to control the height of your sativa plant
Given sativas' propensity to stretch skyward, training techniques are invaluable for height management, especially in limited spaces.
- Low Stress Training (LST): Gently bend the taller branches down and secure them in place using soft ties. This encourages the plant to grow outwards rather than upwards.
- Screen of Green (ScrOG): Install a horizontal screen above your plants. As they grow, weave the branches through the screen. This spreads the plant out, making the most of your light source and maintaining a manageable height.
- Topping: By cutting the top of the main stem, you'll encourage your sativa to produce two main colas instead of one, promoting bushier growth.
- Super Cropping: Gently pinch and bend stems, causing slight damage. The plant will recover stronger, with an increased capacity to hold heavy buds and a more bush-like form.
Tips on grow sativa seeds during the flowering stage
Transitioning to the flowering stage, this is the moment you've been waiting for, as your sativa plants start producing buds.
- Lighting: Switch your light cycle to a 12/12 schedule, prompting the plant to start flowering.
- Nutrition: As flowering initiates, plants will crave phosphorus and potassium. Adjust your fertilizer mix accordingly, reducing nitrogen input gradually changing to an NPK ratio of 1:3:2.
- Watering: Continue monitoring soil moisture, ensuring it's neither too dry nor over-saturated.
- Temperature and Humidity: Maintain a cooler environment, within the range of 65-80°F (18-26°C). Humidity levels should be reduced progressively to around 40-50% to prevent mold.
What is a landrace sativa?
Landraces are cannabis strains that have never had their genetics altered or crossed with any other cannabis strains, in other words they have remained completely pure and can be traced back to the same genus. Examples of landrace sativa strains are Thai Stick, Mexican Sativa, Acapulco Gold, Colombian Gold and Durban Poison.
What are pure sativa strains?
Pure sativa seeds are cannabis strains that have been bred with only sativa genetics. To be pure sativa a strain would have to be either a landrace sativa or be a cross of two landrace sativa strains.
What is a sativa dominant strain?
With the exception of landraces, all other cannabis strains have been created by crossing other cannabis varieties and are known as hybrids. For example, Purple Haze is a sativa dominant hybrid that contains 60% sativa and 40% indica genetics. It was bred by crossing a landrace Haze with Purple Thai which resulted in a plant that was a mixture of both indica and sativa traits, however, the dominant phenotypes will be mostly sativa.
What are the best sativa strains to grow?
Amnesia Haze This legendary strain of marijuana is one of the finest cannabis sativa’s ever created. Amnesia Haze has twice won the cannabis cup and has picked up many more awards along the way for its smooth, sweet and slightly fruity smoke.
Durban Poison Imported from South Africa and produced in Holland, this plant is exclusively inbred, never hybridized and 100 per cent sativa. It boasts large, long bud leaves, and the buds themselves are also large and long, with lots of resin. Often seen as the Queen of Sativa’s, hailing from Africa, it is almost a pure landrace Sativa variety having only been crossed once in its genetic makeup. Very tall and slim, the high is incredibly relaxing and uplifting. An overall feeling of wellbeing is coupled with bags of positive energy make this a great option for a daytime smoke.
Nevilles Haze A combination of the original Haze - almost psychedelic tropical sativa - with one quarter Northern Lights - a powerful, heavy-hitting indica. The result is a tall, thick-budding plant with a truly out-of-this-world high.
20+ Years ExperienceOver 500K seeds sold worldwide
100K+ Happy Customers
Germination GuaranteedComplete satisfaction or we will replace your order
Dutch and USA GeneticsMaster breeders inspiring strains from across the world
1-5 Day Delivery - GuaranteedFree Express Shipping to the US, Canada and UK